Monday, January 28, 2013

It's all in the blocking

Unable to resist the sampler block temptation, I joined the YearLong KAL on Google+ and we are using this pattern collection for the knitalong.  However, since I already have a normal size afghan in progress, I really don't have space to accommodate another big block huge project.  So I have this idea of making much smaller squares (half the size intended ... 4" x 4"):


If I have to say one most important thing I learned from knitting the Great American Afghans, I would say ... blocking is everything!


I think it is pretty self-explanatory, right?

Usually, the blocking would be done when the squares are thoroughly dried.  But for cable stitches, I would leave them stretched with blocking wires for as long as 3 - 4 days just to make sure the squares wouldn't bounce back easily.

No comments: