Thursday, January 03, 2013

Here we go, 2013!

New Year Resolutions always feel like setups to let myself down ... make me feel awful in not accomplishing.  But this shouldn't be stopping me ... right?  As Chuck Wendig (very inspirational article, BTW) said, "Face the Fear, Beat the Beast!"

So, here you are ... my 2013 Resolutions ... in no particular order.

1.  Plan more and better, waste less
Better meal planning not only means more efficient time management, but also minimizes over-buying food, which very often end up rotting somewhere in the kitchen.  I have yet to fully master the art of meal planning, but I am learning.

2.  Eat less, eat well
My husband always says I make too much food ... and my portions are big.  Maybe he is right. 

3.  Chill behind the wheel
In general, I am quite a mellow-tempered person.  But driving changes me ... I cursed and yelled; I was impatient; I thought I was the only person who knew how to drive ... It's time to chill.

4.  Park farther away from the shop entrance
I admire those of you who have resolution to work out at least 30 minutes every day.  I am still in the process of getting back my workout groove.  Maybe utilizing everyday opportunities to physically move a bit more is a better tangible goal for me.   Going shopping every (other) day sounds a great opportunity ...

5.  Read one non-fiction
Fiction is my thing.  To be more specific, mystery / thriller is my thing.  But I think maybe I've read enough pulp fiction in the last several years.  Why not challenge myself to read ONE non-fiction this year?  Nothing really catches my attention yet ... any suggestion?

6.  Take my daily vitamins
My doctor told me 2 annual check-ups in a roll that my level of vitamin D was low.  So, I got 2 big bottles from Costco ... took them for a few days ... and that was it.  Let's have a fresh start in 2013.

7.  Up my game
Knitting - try designing knitting patterns
Sewing - try making garments

8.  Try harder to fall in love with cleaning
Need further elaboration?

It would be neat to have a 10-item list ... but Chinese like the number 8 ... it brings good luck. 

Wish you all a wonderful and fulfilling 2013. 

2 comments:

Kristyn McCain said...

I love to make to do lists for each year. Good luck on reaching your goals.

~ Darlene said...

I am your newest follower! Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!

Check me out too at www.MyHoneyBunch.CO

~ Darlene