Thursday, December 20, 2012

Clearing out the WIP closet

Whew! Cleaning does take time! How do you like the new look of my blog?

For a long time, I have been unsure if I should keep the blog alive. After 2 years, I discovered that many of the knitting blogs I read are no longer active. Probably because Ravelry actually serves the purpose of keeping records of knitting projects.  With my own blog being inactive for 2 years, I am pretty sure I am now talking to myself ... LOL!  But this blog in a way feels somewhere between a kid and a pet to me ... and there is a definitely feeling of attachment.  At least for now, I can't let it go.

So here I am, giving it another go.

Let's get some old knitting FOs out of the way.



Pattern: Tilt's Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn:  Red Heart Heart & Sole (70% wool 30% nylon) Color Black & White (though it's 70% wool, the socks still feel a bit acrylic ... probably won't use it again.)
Needles:  Darn Pretty Needles US 1 and 2
Notes:  I really love this pattern.  Though the yarns are not super soft, it always make me happy when I wear them.  So, I am thinking of knitting this again with better and more colorful yarns.
Cast On:  01-01-2010
Cast Off:  Forgotten to make note on this.



Pattern: Gothic Spire Socks by Cookie A.
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarn Panda Silk Solid (Merino, Bamboo, Silk)  Color: Lemon Cream
Needles:  Darn Pretty Needles US 1
Notes:  Intricate travelling stitch pattern which I love knitting.  The pattern did come out looking great and beautiful.  However, the instep tends to be a bit tight, making it a bit hard to put on.  So, it would be better to use larger needles.  The silk in the yarn gives it a lovely sheen, which I love.  However, maybe because of the light color, the look gets old and worn pretty fast.  This pair is actually near retirement.
Cast On:  02-13-2010
Cast Off:  Forgotten to make note on this.




 Pattern: Circle Socks by Anne Campbell
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock-Ease (75% wool, 25% nylon)  Color: Lemon Drop
Needles:  Darn Pretty Needles US 1
Notes:  I was very excited when Lion Brand introduced this fingering weight sock yarn because I made 3 pairs using their Magic Stripes (worsted weight sock yarn) and I love them.  This yarn is quite nice to work with and the colorway is pretty (also love the name Lemon Drop).  The pattern is a fun one and at the same time works well with the stripe yarns.  Love to think of the circles as honeycombs ... somehow it went very well with the colorway, don't you think?
Cast On:  09-07-2010
Cast Off:  12-20-2012

There is still quite a bit of organizing to do.  I have given up on some projects and am still going with some.  But those would have to wait ... if the world doesn't end tomorrow, we would always have time, right? 

1 comment:

Kristyn McCain said...

Glad to see you are back. I wanted to let you know that you are not talking to yourself.