Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Hey there! It's me!

OMG! It's 2010! How's everyone been doing? A heartfelt thank you if you still come by!

No BS ... I haven't visited a yarn store or craft store, not posting on my own blog, not visiting your blogs, not pattern-browsing in Ravelry ... If you ask me which is the latest hot pattern now, sorry, no idea. But the truth is, I felt pretty good like that. No more feeling extremely agonized because I couldn't knit fast enough to catch up with the trend. No yarn buying in 4 months ... and I survive pretty well ... LOL!

I am still knitting though. Definitely not a very productive 2009, but I still managed to finish up a few things (socks, basically) before the year ended.


Pattern: Be Still My Heart Socks designed by Sandy Lake (Socks à la Carte)
Yarn: TOFUtsies sock yarn color 876 Limited Edition (my favourite summer sock yarn ... I would love it more if there are more solid colours)
Needles: Darn Pretty Needles US1 (I am in love with these needles ... don't want to knit socks with any needles else)
Notes: I didn't bother taking pictures with this one because the pattern is not really very visible. They require extra caution in knitting too. From experience, the TOFUtsies sock yarns are not very hard wearing ... or maybe I didn't have enough socks made from this yarn. The first pair I made were already worn out ... since they are non-wool, I don't know darning would work. And to be honest, I am too lazy to darn. :)
Cast On: 07-23-09
Cast Off: 08-19-09


Pattern: Crosshatch Lace Socks (pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Patons Stretch Socks (41% Cotton, 39% Wool, 13% Nylon, 7% Elastic) Colour: 31242 Olive
Needles: Darn Pretty Needles US 1
Notes: Just like the TOFUtsies sock yarn, the colourway of this yarn is pretty hard to find a good matching pattern. I tried several from the book and settle on this ... and I think they turned out pretty good.
Cast On: 08-20-09
Cast Off: 10-31-09




Pattern: Matilde Socks designed by Debbie O'Neill
Yarn: Ivy Brambles Sockscene Fingering Weight (410 yards, 100g) Colour: Pine Tree
Needles: Darn Pretty Needles US1
Notes: Everything came together perfectly for me. I think the pattern is one of the most gorgeous ones I've ever seen. The green is just irresistable. And now I can tell you that the yarn wears and feels great.
Cast On: 11-13-09
Cast Off: 12-13-09



Pattern: Mamluke Socks designed by Nancy Bush (Folk Socks)
Yarn: Regia Silk (55% Wool, 25% Nylon, 20% Silk) Colour: Natural & Red
Needles: Darn Pretty Needles US1 and US2
Notes: I love this pattern! It is great fun to knit. Though I had doubts about the heels, I followed the pattern anyway. Since I have wide ankles, I need to change to larger needles starting from the heel. The socks turned out to be surprising comfortable to wear ... and super warm! Which one do you like better? I think the one with Natural as the base colour and Red as the pattern colour is great.
Cast On: 12-19-09
Cast Off: 12-30-09



This is the progress I've made on the Unst Lace Stole so far. I must say the edging is a bit of a drag to me ... and I am not always very motivated to work on it. But believe me, I would have it done this year ... hahaha ...

After warming up with the Mamluke Socks, I started the Autumn Rose Cardigan on New Year's Day. The colour combo I chose is the very first swatch I made:
The only thing bothering me is the deep green in the center of the medallion. I decided to switch to another softer green. I am now halfway of the first medallion. I'll show you how it looks next time. Yes, I am going to post again ... hehehe ... and also start visiting friends' blogs again.

So, before we meet again, take good care and happy knitting.

No comments: