Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Thursday

Just got a clean bill of health from my doctor. I always schedule my yearly physical examinations around the time of my birthday ... so that I won't forget! My doctor seemed really excited when I told him about my exercise routine this year. Last year, he told me that swimming was good, but was not intense enough to accelerate the heart rate to a healthy level. Obviously I am a very good and obedient patient when I am given sensible advice. :) And oh, I dropped 5 lbs compared to last year!

We watched "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" Sunday night. The book is my most favourite in the series and the movie is excellent. Before this latest installment to the series, I used to love "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" the best because I just loved the 3 of them as kids. But now, I think "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" just trumped any of the previous one. The script was well written ... very good selection of materials from the original book. The director has done a very good job this time in portraying the mood and atmosphere. I especially love the movement of the camera in showing the loneliness of Malfoy. It is also delightful to see those little kids have grown into really good actors/actress, especially Ron Weasley and Draco Malfoy. I am now waiting for the DVD to come out.

The sock mojo has come back a little bit:
These are Kathy's design from the latest issue of knit.1, Miele Socks. The first attempt failed because I cast on for the larger size, which was too large for me. It is quite an enjoyable pattern, just that in my version, the twisted stitches don't pop out as much:
I think it didn't come out as cute as Kathy's version, but still, not bad ...

No comments: