Friday, July 31, 2009

09:10 Grey Miele Socks

Wow! End of July already! It seems that my blog routine has become one post per week. I would like to post more often, but there really is not enough time ... and sometimes I feel like knitting instead of blogging. Especially recently when I started the Magical Mosaic Blanket. The mosaic knitting method is pretty easy to grasp. I would think once I got familiar with the method, the knitting would become monotonous ... or even boring. Surprise! I haven't been able to stop and am now into the 4th square already:

Unlike the Great American Afghan, all the squares in this project are of the same number of stitches. So I chose to knit the blanket in stripes. I still have a long long way to go ... there are 63 squares. :D

The mysterious sock mojo has also been back. Not knowing how long it is going to stay, so just try to capitalize the opportunity. Kathy's Miele Sock pattern is fun to knit and is fast. I didn't make her very popular Jaywalker pattern because the chevron pattern is just not my favourite. But I really love this one:
However, it seems I should have used an even smaller needles so that the leg and heel would be more snug. But the socks actually fit ... comfortable too:

Details:
Pattern: Grey Miele Socks designed by Grumperina from knit.1 Spring/Summer 2009
Yarn: Furryarns MaineBearSOX 4 in Opal (65% SWT Wool & 35% Tussah Silk)
Needles: Grafton Fibers Darn Pretty dpn US0
Cast On: 07-14-2009
Cast Off: 07-24-2009

I have actually started another sock project immediately ... just forgot to take picture. Will show you later.

I guess it is also time for the monthly-goal accessement. Pretty simple this time.

July:
Knitting: finish the GAA DONE!

August:
Knitting:
  • finish the Unst Lace Stole (still remember this? hahaha ...)
  • finish one stripe (9 squares) for the Magical Mosaic Blanket
  • finish one pair of socks
Exercising:
I seemed to find a way to insert the strength training exercises from Keeping Fit in Your 50s twice into my weekly exercise routine. I aim at consolidating that so that I would be lifting some dumbbells 3 times a week.

No comments: