Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Already May?

April came and went ... so very quickly. Already we are past one-third of 2009. I should have written this post last week, but was so engrossed in finishing the Botanica Medallion Cardigan that I totally forgot it was time for new goals for the new month! Ooops ... so now you know. There'll be new FO coming ... hehehe ...

APRIL:
Knitting:
  • 1 pair of socks (Cookie A's Milo from her new book) DONE
  • finish the Unst Lace Stole (this means the second border plus the edging) HALF DONE (I finished the second border and just started the edging):
  • 1 GAA square DONE (Marge Hayes Square):
  • cast on for one summer garment project DONE (started the Botanica Medallion Cardigan and I have it finished now!)
  • I expect to receive my work on Lesson 1 plus materials for Lesson 2 from the instructor soon. This time, I would like to work faster on Lesson 2. FAILED (I haven't even started! But I decide that once I start, I would have it finished quick.)
Sewing:
  • the same as for March ... and I will start working on that tomorrow NOT DONE BUT NOT FAILED COMPLETELY EITHER (I started cutting the fabrics ... :D)
Exercising:
I hope to increase the days for exercising from 3 to 4 a week DONE (Actually, I am doing 30 minutes a day every weekday. I feel pretty awesome about this.)

MAY:
Knitting:
  • as usual, 1 pair of socks (but I haven't made up my mind yet this time)
  • finish the Unst Lace Stole
  • 1 GAA square (there are 4 left)
  • swatch and cast on for another sweater project (I really like the Akomeogi Tunic from the latest IK)
Sewing:
still the same ... but since I have started the cutting, things should look better this month ... hahaha ...

Exercising:
One thing I learned from my exercising regime this year is the value of patience. Another thing is the importance of listening to your own body. Without either of these, I may have pushed myself beyond my ability and given up long ago.
In May, I plan to add sections of Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body workouts to my daily exercise. Cindy Crawford was the pretty face for this DVD, but the trainer Radu is the real deal. These are kick-you-in-the-butt workouts (you can read the reviews on the Amazon page). How do I know? I checked the VHS out from the local library a long time ago. Not knowing my own ability, I tried following the routine to a T and almost couldn't get out of the bed the next day.

No comments: