Wednesday, May 13, 2009

09:08 VK May Lace Socks

When the yarn clicks with the pattern, magic happens:
The knitting felt almost effortless. I didn't even have the time to talk about it before.

This is another record for me. Finishing 2 projects from the latest issue of VK. Probably there is something about the pattern that lured me to make it, I just haven't figured out what it is. Anyway, lovely lace pattern with a little detail that makes it special. However, I happened to not liking that detail too much ... it was a little bow tie at the back just under the cuff. What I don't love, I don't knit. So, my socks are sans bow tie:
One good thing about the pattern: no need to worry about the gaping hole between the gusset and the heel ... there are holes there already!

Maybe besides the perfect marriage between the pattern and the yarn, there is another booster:
I finally got myself some Darn Pretty Needles! I absolutely love them! Most of my bamboo dpns are curved already. While I don't mind that much, it is just refreshing to knit with strong straight smooth needles with really sharp points.


Details:
Pattern: Lace Socks by Star Athena from VK Spring/Summer 2009
Yarn: SWTC Tofutsies (50% Superwash Wool, 25% SOYSILK brand fiber, 22.5% Cotton, 2.5% Chitin) Col: 861
Needles: Darn Pretty Needles dpns US1
Cast On: 05-04-2009
Cast Off: 05-13-2009

No comments: