Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Random Wednesday

I am currently working on 3 projects - the Botanica Medallion Cardigan, the Milo Socks, and the Unst Lace Stole. I love working on the lace stole during the weekends when I can have a longer stretch of uninterrupted time to focus on the complicated lace. And usually this would allow me to have good progress. For the BM Cardigan, I am now at about 20° of the circular outer band ... quite a long way to go. In a word, knitting-wise, there is nothing visually new to show you. :)

I am very happy to report that I've been doing very well in my exercising goal. This week, I started trying to step on the treadmill every day for 30 minutes. I also explored the different programmes of the treadmill. I like the Alpine Pass the most ... the elevation makes the workout more intense, which is great. I also bought new items for my own home gym:
The lightest dumbbells in the gym are 10 lbs ... way too heavy for me. The 3 lbs ones I have are too light for some exercises.

I used to read my paperback when walking on the treadmill. But when I am on the jogging speed, reading is not possible. Now, I turn the tv to Food Network channel and watch it during the whole 30 minutes. I don't know how watching people cook while exercising would affect the effectivenss of the workout, but at least I picked up some recipes I'd like to try. This morning I made the celery root bisque and substituted the sauteed lobster with mixed seafoods ... yummy!

Besides exercising, I also changed a long-time bad habit. Besides coffee, I am having cereals/museli and fresh fruits (usually banana) for breakfast; or sometimes I would have whole-grain toast and yoghurt. This is really great because it really helps to curb some of my guilty pleasures, such as ice-cream, candies and Thomas Kemper Black Cherry Soda.

I made a smart investment a few weeks ago:
This is a Progressive Herb Keeper. It really works. The thymes and rosemary inside are at least 3 weeks old ... but they are still fresh and green. I am thinking of getting a second one for parsley.

I have never been a follower of Fashion, never dye my hair and haven't used make-up for years, but still find this article inspiring. Jenny Joseph's Warning has been one of my favourite poems a long long time ago. And I did wear purple sometimes ... :D

No comments: