Thursday, February 05, 2009

February Goals

Wow! Thank you all very much for the nice comments on my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. My comment section hasn't been this crowded and spirited for a long time ... LOL! As a long time Blogger user, I am still in the process of changing the habit of not responding to comments. Halo Scan allows me to do that, but if I am short of time when I receive the comments, I am usually not able to reply ... and then eventually forget to. I am really sorry about that ... changing a habit takes time. :)

I am still in the typical chaotic period after finishing a major project ... you know, pulling all the books out, yarns and half-done swatches here and there, needles of various sizes spreading around while nothing seems to get done! Things do seem to clear out gradually. I did swatches on a new cardigan (Espresso ... love the name!) Most probably I will have it started this month.

Also, remember my plan to make the Palette Fair Isle Cardigan in 2009? Well, there will be a change of plan. After working on Tangle Yoke Cardigan, I am inevitably impressed by Eunny's pattern. Honestly, Autumn Rose Pullover would be a much more beautiful project, so I have been doing some work on choosing the colours:
Those would be my home-made Palette colour-cards. They are actually very easy to make (some punching and cutting) and a great help in the colour choosing process. I would like the main colour of my pullover to be green. A swatch will be done to see if the colours work well together.

One thing that impressed me deeply in 2008 is Dawn's monthly goal-setting. It seems that the practice helps her to achieve quite a lot. So, I am trying to do the same. It's already one week into February, which is a shorter month, so I am trying to be realistic in my February goals:

  • 1 pair of socks (just cast on but the yarn may not work out with the pattern, so may have to start over again!)
  • 1 square for GAA
  • make at least 3 repeats for the Unst Stole (I already have 5 done, so the goal would be to have a total of 8 complete, leaving 2 remaining for March)
  • make a swatch for Autumn Rose Pullover
  • work on the TKGA Basics, Basics, Basics Lesson 1 (there are 5 swatches plus questions for each to be submitted)

No comments: