Monday, January 12, 2009

How have you been doing so far?

Second week into 2009, I have been a bit underwhelmed by my knitting so far.

Though I did make some progress on the GAA, I haven't knitted a single stitch on the Unst Stole.

There are 2 sock projects on the needles. The beaded one (Winter's Eve) is coming along pretty well:
The colourway (Mustang Sally) turns out to be very beautiful. However, when the sock was on the feet, the beads seem to go crazy in whatever directions they fancy:
See? They are not aligned at all. Maybe it was my fault ... these are cheap beads I came across in Tuesday Morning a long time ago. Their sizes are irregular but they are definitely larger than 8/0. But I still like the sock so far.

Then, in the last week of 2008, I cast on the Snowflake Socks:
This is the nth attempt but when I tried to put it on, there was still a bit tight when going through the heel. I am wondering if I should going up another needle size (now it is US3) or add stitches ... or keep going. When I put the 2 socks together, they seem to be of the same size:
Why one doesn't fit as well?

No comments: