Thursday, January 22, 2009

09:01 Winter's Eve Socks

My first ever FO under a Democratic President! Too bad it's a pair of beaded girly socks, otherwise, I would send it to the President as his inauguration present! Every time I see him on tv, I can't help but feel the invisible but enormous weights on his shoulders. Knitting him a pair of socks may be the very least I can do. What do you think?

Okay, about my socks. I really really love this STR Mustang Sally colourway, which knitted up very blended, no pooling at all:
And the deep burgundy red resembles warm mulled red wine ... perfect for winter time. Pretty pretty pretty! I am hoping this would not fade as much as the other STR yarns.

At first, I wanted to avoid the tediousness of threading the beads before knitting, but upon more careful reading of the pattern, I discovered that this was a necessary step since the beads were all positioned between 2 stitches instead of on one. Talking about beads, 350 beads were required ... 175 for each sock. So, the finished socks are pretty top heavy.

There is a line of beads running along the front and back of the leg. The one on the back extends into half of the heel:
I can definitely feel the beads are there, though not to the extent of discomfort. Maybe now I have an excuse to shop for a pair of clogs? LOL!



Details:
Pattern: Winter's Eve designed by Sivia Harding for Socks That Rock Sock Club December 2006
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight
Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US1
Cast On: 01-01-2009
Cast Off: 01-21-2009

No comments: