Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Mohair Craze

I am still waiting for the ball of Kidsilk Haze in Lord to arrive. Since it is coming all the way from England, it may take a while ... hopefully, it'll be here towards the end of the week.

In the meantime, I am working on another Rowan mohair project. Last time I showed you Gabi, I only had 2 pattern repeats done. Progress has been slow since I was struggling with memorizing the pattern. Now I am all familiar with it, the knitting has gone pretty smoothly:
I just finished one side of the neck opening and am now working on the other one. I like the lace pattern a lot ... it is very pretty ... although it won't be too visible when worn because the yarn is really fuzzy. We'll see.

New socks on the needles:
Cascading Leaves Socks
... a sock club kit from last year
I am happy that I can finally start it

SKA November Mystery Socks
designed by Debi

Oh, I eventually managed to get most of the ingredients for the Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie (except ground clove, I think). I haven't had pumpkin pie before ... but I can tell you that the one from Martha Stewart's recipe is delicious. The thing I like it best is that it is not too sweet and the combination of the various spices tastes great.

No comments: