Sunday, December 28, 2008

08:29 Mad About Plaid Socks (SKA November Mystery Socks)

Oh hi! How was everybody's Christmas? We had a great time here ... the meal was great, the Yule Log was delicious, the tree was smelling good and Husband loves his present. I tried not thinking too much about the mysterious package. Then, it turned out to be another package from my MIL. Since we received one from her earlier already, I didn't expect another one. More chocolates from France ... LOL!

I also finished my SKA Sockdown project in time. This is officially my last FO of the year.



Details:
Pattern: Mad About Plaids designed by Debi for SKA November Mystery Sockdown!
Another great design from Debi. I was just happy to be able to use some of the leftovers and add some interest to the otherwise very boring grey socks.
I am amazed by how beautiful the plaid pattern created by slipped stitches:
The fit of the socks is not a snag one on me, but they are very comfortable, especially the heels which feel like cushions against the shoes.

Yarns: Elann Sock It To Me Essential 4-Ply in Colour Grey Shadow (7620) (just a little more than 1 ball); leftovers of Fleece Artist Basic Merino Socks (Wild Flowers) and Inspirations Yarn Cappuccino
I always feel happy when I am able to use up some of the very early stash.

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns 2.5mm

Cast On: 11-30-2008
Cast Off: 12-27-2008

I also finished one more GAA square:
This Meg Swansen Square looks simple but is great fun to make. I especially love the "mystery" (Meg's word) knots:
I think my finishing the GAA in 2009 is looking good. :)

No comments: