Friday, November 07, 2008

Once again stranded on Sleeve Island

Why are sleeves always taking so much more time? Always. Even knitting in the round. I am still struggling with the second sleeve:
Some of you mentioned the colour of my February Lady ... yeah, I heart this charcoal grey a lot too. It is a little bit darker than what you see in the picture. It is a cotton yarn from Elann a long long time ago. The way it works here is ... until the big rain storm hits, a thick cotton cardigan plus a turtle sweater underneath can last until after Christmas. A few days ago, I tried putting on my Diva (hehehe...) in the morning, but have to take it off once the fog was cleared and the sun out.

Yesterday the postman brought a big smile on my face:
I'm sure you would have read quite a bit about Classic Elite Knits and Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. But so far I haven't come across anyone reviewing Country Weekend Knits. I have to tell you, if you like classic designs, it is very possible that this is "the One" for you. There are altogether 25 patterns, and these are my favourites:

Favourites from "Country Weekend Knits"
1. Wheat Cable Cotton Sweater, 2. Tree of Life Aran Jacket, 3. Short-Sleeve Cotton Shirt, 4. Lace Cardigan in Eyelet Pattern, 5. Jacob's Ladder Sweater, 6. Fountain Lace Short-Sleeve Sweater, 7. Eriskay Gansey, 8. Classic Cotton Crewneck, 9. Chevron Aran Crewneck, 10. Cable and Moss Aran Tunic
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

You can go to my Flickr set to see the larger images.

No comments: