Saturday, November 29, 2008

08:26 Booby Socks

Last night, we watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD. Since I like The Last Crusade so much, I had eagerly wanted to watch the latest in the theatre ... which we never did due to various reasons.

That turned out to be a good decision. I don't think I would be able to endure the whole movie sitting inside the dark. The story is weak, the romance seems cheesy, and the acting is unconvincing. I couldn't help comparing it to the 2 National Treasures movies, which I love and can keep watching and watching again. As I get older, my patience for bad movies seems to become thinner.

Perhaps that applies to everything else ... life is short, don't waste another minute on something that doesn't really please you. :D

Now this is something that pleases me:

Details:
Pattern: Booby Socks designed by Rosemary "Chappy" Chapman
This came with the yarn as Skacel's "Knit for the Cure!" kit promoting Breast Cancer Awareness. This is my first pair of socks with beads ... quite interesting to knit. I just wonder if the beads would get loose after wash.
I chose transparent beads so they are more subtle in the socks. I also like the star toe very much:

Yarn: Trekking Sport XXL (75% New Wool; 25% Nylon) in Pink Ribbon(1450)
The colour was said to be dyed solely for this kit. I like the Trekking yarn ... it is the type of yarn that you know you can rely on all the time.
It's interesting how knitting expands the range of colours in my wardrobe. I won't buy pink ready-to-wear items, but I tend to buy pink yarns on occasions.

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US1

Cast On: 10-15-2008
Cast Off: 11-27-2008

No comments: