Monday, November 10, 2008

08:25 February Lady Sweater

At this moment, there are 2782 February Lady Sweaters either already finished or in progress on Ravelry; but the more impressive number is 6670 ... that's how many knitters have put this sweater onto their to-knit list! Holy moley!

But once started, it is easy to understand. Needless to say, the finished sweater is beautiful and obviously a very practical piece of garment. And the knitting is just fast ... despite the evil sleeves, it is still fast. So much so that I may even make a wool version later. :D

With February Lady off the list, I started the Cardigan Cozy. However, there is a catch. 2 balls of Rowan KSH is obviously not enough. So, I may have to think of some way to incorporate my other lace mohair leftovers into the cardigan without making it look ridiculous. ;)



Details:
Project: February Lady Sweater by flintknits (based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater)
I have been undecided which size to make for quite a while. At the end, I decided to make the M size because I was using cotton yarn ... just to be on the safe side in case the sweater shrinks. I think I could have made the S and still have a comfortable fit. Obviously the sleeves are waaaayyyyy too bit ... but they are not really "in your way" sort of big, so I can live with that.

Yarn: Naturelle 8/8 cotton yarn in cone (74% Recycled Cotton; 24% Acrylic; 2% Unknown Fibres) Col: Charcoal
I got this from a knitter's destash. The charcoal colour has some white flacks here and there, so it feels coarser than the pure milk colour. But I really really love this colour!

Needles: Denise US 8

Cast On: 10-26-08
Cast Off: 11-09-08

Here is a closer-up of the wooden buttons I got from Daiso:

No comments: