Monday, October 13, 2008

08:22 Austrian Alpine Treasure

Too bad the mythical Bigfoot is still in hiding, otherwise I would invite him/her to model my new project. It is indeed a pretty big sock to fill in, but I did my best:


It has been quite a fun project to work with as I love the travelling stitches and the intricacies of the patterns. But towards the end, the stocking has become quite heavy ... and I was just relieved that we usually just made one Christmas stocking instead of a pair!

Since this is a Christmas stocking, we need presents! Husband jokingly said that I could put an SUV inside "that thing"! LOL! But what's better than yarns as presents for knitters?
Answer: Yarns overflowing from the Christmas stocking! YAY!



Details:
Pattern: Austrian Alpine Treasure (Ravelry) designed by Candace Eisner Strick from Christmas Stockings: 18 Holiday Treasures to Knit
The problem with knitting Christmas stocking for me is that in non-Christmas time, I am not really a fan of those Christmas colours. This means I usually don't have those colours in my stash ... and I would be very reluctant to buy those colours. The Austrian Alpine Treasure is perfect for me in this aspect.
Have I told you I love the travelling stitch?

Yarn: Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool in Natural (100% wool)
I forgot to weigh the stocking so I can't tell you how much yarn I have used. The yarn was recycled from an unsuccessful attempt at making the Must-Have Cardigan. I like this yarn though it doesn't belong to the "buttery soft" category. I am still going to use this yarn for a cardigan ... just waiting for the right pattern. The more exciting news is there is a chocolate brown colour available now.

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular and Addi Lace Circular in 3.5mm
I have to use 2 circulars as I don't have a shorter one.

Cast On: 10-02-2008
Cast Off: 10-13-2008

No comments: