Monday, September 29, 2008

08:20 SKA Orange Mystery Socks

Back in March when I wrote this, I really naively thought that we almost reached the bottom. Now, 6 months later, I am afraid the worst is still to come! For my whole time here in the States, I lived under the terror of Bush, who managed to have the country experience the worst terrorist attack in history under his watch, started 2 wars, drain the nation's federal reserves, leave a whole city's residents waving SOS signs on their roofs, bring down the housing market and lead the country to the brink of another Great Depression. Truth be told, I feel sick and tired of this man and his party.

Okay, enough on the rare political ranting. If I have to find one thing each day to make me happy, it would have to be this today:
Since I have put on some pounds in the mid-section, I was a bit worried that the ribbing would be a bad idea. It seems okay, though. I just did the garter ribs instead of having a 2k2p ribbing in between 2 sections of garter ribs. I like the length I am having now, so this means I can bind off and move on to the sleeves ... YAY!

And I consider myself a super lucky woman because I have another thing to make me happy:


The cuff was a stocking stitch rolled one. I love trying out new cuffs ... and I think this one is simple but pretty cute. However, I forgot how tight the bind-off could be. I ended up using a 4.5mm needle to get it loose enough for me.

Details:
Pattern: SKA Orange Mystery designed by Jeannie Cartmel (Ravelry link)
This has been a fun project, though the twist stitches made me hope that the Hiya Hiya needles were a bit more pointy. Maybe I should try KnitPicks ones.

Yarn: Louet Gems Fingering Weight (100% Merino Wool) Col: Citrus Orange 2 skeins
I am not jumping up and down for this yarn. It is reasonably soft but at time splity, which made the knitting a bit difficult at times. However, the range of colours is amazing.

Needles: Hiya Hiya Stainless Stell dpns US0, Clover Bamboo dpns 4.5mm

Cast On: 09-01-2008
Cast Off: 09-27-2008

No comments: