Monday, August 11, 2008

SKA Sockdown 08-09

After completing one session of SAM, I feel that I would be able to add a little more challenge to my sock knitting ... to make it more fun. So, I think I am finally ready for the Sockdown of the Sock Knitter's Anonymous.

The moderators were great and super organized. They already had the whole year's schedule well laid out:
  • 09/08: Orange Socks or Cookie A or Mystery Sock, designed by SKA member Jeannie Fanihi (mystery socks must be knit in Orange yarn to qualify for Sockdown).

  • 10/08: Holiday Stocking or Steffi Linden

  • 11/08: Slip Stitch/Mosaic Knitting or Wendy Johnson or Mystery Sock, designed by FluffyKnitterDeb

  • 12/08: Socks made with leftovers or Almost Socks or Yarnissima

  • 01/09: Beaded Socks or Socks from a pattern from an online magazine or Mystery Sock, designed by SKA mod Emmie

  • 02/09: Socks for a Cause or Gigi Silva or Entrelac

  • 03/09: Lace Socks or Cat Bordhi or Mystery Sock designed by Kristi Schueler

  • 04/09: Knee Socks or Under-appreciated patterns

  • 05/09: Cables/Twisted Stitches or Anne Hanson or Mystery Sock designed by Yarnissima

  • 06/09: Design Your Own Socks or Nancy Bush

  • 07/09: Fairisle/Colorwork/Intarsia or Homegrown Designers (including DYO from 08) or Mystery sock designed by Sara Morris

  • 08/09: SKA VACATION!

Isn't that exciting to start it off with an orange pair of socks? LOL! I already have the yarns ready:
There was quite a long discussion on the Ravelry forum about the colour orange ... personally, I don't think it would be a problem for me ... you see what I mean? hahaha ...

Though I didn't join Ravelympics, I did watch many of the competitions and matches. What are your favourite events? I mainly like swimming, diving and gymnastics ... I am especially when I could have so much done on my Taj Mahal:
I am super fond of this front panel ...
so pretty!

Almost halfway in the hem lace edging ...
296 rows total!

The pattern is great and the fit and size work out perfectly. I am already loving this tank so much!

No comments: