Thursday, August 21, 2008

08:18 Spring Forward Socks

Sock knitting has slowed down just a bit in August. I am looking forward to SKA Sockdown in September, so I don't want to burn myself down ... saving up energy. ;)

But the socks for August are done. I've read about knitters saying a certain yarn is "buttery" soft ... honestly, never used a yarn that really gave me that "buttery" feeling. Until now. Claudia Hand Painted Fingering sock yarn is gorgeous in colours and buttery in feel. The Jungle colourway is deep and vibrant, though may not be the best to showcase the Spring Forward stitch pattern:
Digital camera is the coolest modern gadget ever ... after countless attempts, I finally got this decent shot of the pattern. Can't imagine what I could have done if I only had a film camera.

I don't really want to wear the socks today ... they are way too warm! This coming winter, my feet are going to be toasty toasty warm ... :D

Details:
Pattern: Spring Forward designed by Linda Welch from Knitty Summer 2008
Easy and fun pattern to work. Love the finished socks.

Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering Yarn (100% merino wool) Col: Jungle
Love. This. Yarn. Period.

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US1

Cast On: 07-21-2008
Cast Off: 08-19-2008

No comments: