Wednesday, July 02, 2008

08:12 Go With the Flow Socks

Despite the fact that all residents in Big Sur have to be evacuated and there are still more than 1000 wildfires burning in Northern California, the sky here has actually cleared up and is blue again. For the past week, it was heavily hazy and sometimes we could even detect a smoky smell in the air. So, seeing the blue sky again feels good.

Finally. Finally. Finally. No more talking with one hand holding a cell phone behind the wheel here. No. More. Such a law had been enforced in Hong Kong for some time before I came here in 2001. So at first I was genuinely surprised to find so many people driving with a cell phone stuck to their ears. And I have been waiting for such a law all these years. So, this is good.

And of course, new socks are good. Just as I told you, the Go With The Flow Socks went crazily fast. I have to say the pattern goes very well with the yarn ... yes, another pair of TOFUtsies:
First of all, there seemed to be no pooling in this colourway. But even if there was, the lace pattern helped to distract attention from the pooling.

Details:
Pattern: Go With The Flow Socks designed by Evelyn A. Clark from Interweave Knits Favourite Socks
I remember this pattern has been quite a popular one once. I can see why. The lacy part makes the socks very stretchy. Therefore, the combination of yarn and pattern makes this a very comfortable summer socks.

Yarn: SWTC Tofutsies (50% Superwash Wool, 25% SOYSILK brand fiber, 22.5% Cotton, 2.5% Chitin) Col: 803
I didn't like this yarn too much the first time I was knitting with it. But wearing the socks turned my heart around. Being a true fingering weight yarn, TOFUtsies gives you great socks for summer ... something I would grab instead of those thick Esprit socks. The colourway this time is lovely lovely lovely too. :)

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US1.5

Cast On: 06-23-2008
Cast Off: 07-01-2008

No comments: