Monday, June 02, 2008

Getting back into the knitting groove

With the Chore Socks out of the way, I looked to start something that would get me into the groove. I made sure to use my favourite weight of yarn so that I would be able to make one of Nancy Bush's patterns ... you know, those that have zillion-stitch cast on. I love the Regia Silk I originally intended for a pair of Husband socks. But the Cat Brodhi new way of sock knitting didn't quite work out for me, so I frogged it and claimed the yarn for myself:
twisted cables on the back

twisted cables on the front
I always think the scalloped edge is not a perfect choice for sock cuff, however it is so beautiful that I just can't resist making it again and again. The pattern is Estonian Socks from Vogue Knitting The Ultimate Sock Book. I tried US0 needles first but the sock seemed to come out a bit loose, so I switched to US00 ... and the only USoo needles I have are these Susan Bates ones, which are too long for me. I would have to get some Hiya Hiya dpns ...

Suddenly found myself in June, I picked up the yarn and made another square for the GAA:
This is one of the most beautiful ways of knitting leaves ... as you can see above, the leaves are so popping out and look so real!

No comments: