Friday, June 20, 2008

08:11 Estonian Socks

Today is supposed to be the happiest day of the year ... so how was your day? I feel alright ... not exceptionally cheerful, but pretty good. There is a heat advisory in the area for today and tomorrow ... I think the temperature outside is 100F right now. Most probably we'll go swimming in the late evening. We've been frequenting the swimming pool lately and Husband taught me various tricks diving down to the bottom of the pool. It was fun diving and I think it helps me improve my swimming too.

Twig was right ... re-knitting the ripped part was fast. I always go faster when it comes to the second sock ... maybe it's because I have an idea how many pattern repeats I need to get the right length, so I don't have to keep measuring and just concentrate on the knitting. I would have gone faster if I hadn't lost one of the US00 needles. I couldn't find it and the shop didn't have the size for me, so I had to make do with the remaining four. And I hate knitting socks with 4 needles.

BUT.NOW.THEY.ARE.DONE!!! YAY! And I love them! More YAY!


Details:
Pattern: Estonian Socks designed by Nancy Bush from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Book
The twisted stitches are lovely, but they can be quite a pain to knit ... especially the left-twist one! I didn't do as many decreases for the leg-shaping because my legs are not that slim ... hahaha ...
I know many of us love using the Eye of the Partridge Heel because it breaks down possible colour pooling and gives a more interesting pattern. But it also works very well with solid colour too:
(I've been playing with my photo editing software and trying to learn more advanced stuff. I love the function of lens distortion to blow up details.)

Yarn: Regia Silk (55% New Wool; 25% Polyamide; 20% Silk) Colour: 002 (Cream) 2 skeins
I LOVE this yarn! It is really really soft and feels comfortable to the touch. Maybe there is one thing not so good ... sometimes it is a bit splity. However, the problem maybe the pattern instead of the yarn. So, I still LOVE this yarn!

Needles: Susan Bates US00; Inox US0 for the gussets

Cast On: 05-31-2008
Cast Off: 06-20-2008

No comments: