Friday, March 28, 2008

08:06 Friday Harbour

I didn't read the rules for SAM 5 carefully and just recently found out that heelless socks don't count. But I really want to be able to get at least one pair qualified for it. Luckily I was using a thicker yarn for Friday Harbour. So I worked diligently and voila, I have another pair made.

One thing I learned from using Cascade Fixation and Elann Esprit is that you can't knit them up too tightly, otherwise, the socks would get too rough after wash. My second Pretty Comfy Socks are still soft, but not the Log Cabin or Embossed Leaves. This is also why the socks can be knitted up so quickly. ;) The second sock was actually started yesterday morning.

Now, say hello to the new socks:


Details:
Pattern: Friday Harbour designed by Nancy Bush from Knitting on the Road
I like this pattern. Actually, I love most of the patterns in the book. As I haven't been out of the State of California much, knitting up the patterns make me feel like I am travelling along with Nancy Bush.

Yarn: Elann Esprit (98.3% Cotton 1.7% Elastic) Col: 7530, Nougat 2 balls
There is a mystery this time.
These are the leftovers from the 2 balls for the socks. I never expect the difference to be that great!

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US2.5 for the leg and US2 for the foot

Cast On: 03-02-2008
Cast Off: 03-28-2008

Now, what to make next?

No comments: