Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Year of the Rat

According to Hong Kong time, today is the first day of the Chinese New Year. I just called my parents to give them a "Kung Hey Fat Choy" greeting ... this is very important to show concern and respect for the seniors, especially in such festive times. :) This year is the start of a new cycle in the Chinese Zodiac. Yeah, the little rat won the race. Want to know the story? You can read about it here. I'd also like to wish you all a prosperous Year of the Rat ahead.

Kung Hey Fat Choy to you all!

The sweater for Husband gained some progress:
The knitting of this sweater went slower than I would like despite the fact that the yarn is dk weight, a lot thicker than that I used last time. Besides the several attempts before I got the right gauge, the stitch pattern is a double knitting one. The knitted fabric is thicker but not bulky. With the many YOs, it is going to use up a lot more yarns too.

I am doing something new this time:
I am putting stitch markers in important places, like Row 50 or end of armhole decrease. I am hoping this would help when seaming time comes.

Working with the Lana Grossa Filati patterns, I can't help but feel how well-written most American knitting patterns are! Seriously, I didn't know which was the right side until I completed 10 rows of the pattern. Besides, the way this pattern indicated stitch decrease/increase required some code breaking skills! Or I am just not accustomed to it?

No comments: