Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'm sure mine would win

I'll tell you what of mine would win what in a moment. First, update of the quilt progress ... not much ... due to the shortage of materials. Once again, everything would be fine if I didn't enlarge the size. I bought 8.75 yards of Egyptian Cotton in white for the quilt. I would have bought 10 ... but that was all there was in the store.

I went to another store looking for the fabrics ... no luck. So, I am going to try another one today. If the bad luck continues, I'll have to settle for Kona Solid. We'll see. In the meantime, I used the scraps to make the stuff bird from the book. I'm telling you, if there is a contest for the ugliest stuff bird, mine would definitely be a winner:I tried looking at it from another angle ... still ugly:I'm so sorry, Joelle! But I'm going to try again ... practice makes perfect, isn't that right?

Now back to knitting. Though I have no new projects to show you, I'd like to share some project inspirations. The Japanese bookstore has become quite a dangerous place to step into ... there are always things luring you to break your wallet! I got this:I like both! But that's not the end:
Aren't they all cute? Oh ... there is one more gorgeous aran cardigan from this magazine:

So many lovely patterns, so little time! ::sigh::

No comments: