Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh so girly!

Debi said that the sweater is very girly ... it's true, especially with the strawberry pink. This is a colour I rarely wear, even when I was a girl ... as I has always been more a tomboy than a girl. But I have to admit, this strawberry cream pink by Lion Brand is really lovely ... too bad it is now gone.

I am the type of knitters who don't really like spending time doing modification to a pattern, except unless it's absolutely necessary. With this pattern, I basically knit to the book ... except for one major modification. I decided not to make the i-cord knotting for the sleeve ... they would just bring trouble to someone messy like me.




Details:
Pattern: Gathering Intentions designed by Fiona Ellis from Inspired Cable Knits
This is a beautiful pattern ... the kind that would catch your eyes (well, at least mine), say, amongst the patterns in a magazine. Though it is an all-over cable design, the sweater doesn't feel heavy or clumsy at all when worn.
There are several design features that I love about this sweater:
- the knot. Though I didn't make the one on the sleeve, I think the knots are the one feature that makes the sweater special.
- the cable running along the armhole shaping ... well, this is just neat design.
- the neckband. Another neat design and it adds comfort to the sweater too.

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease (50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic) Col: Strawberry Cream 6 balls for the smallest size
Nothing else to say about this yarn ... except I love it!

Needles: Denise US7

Cast On: 11-11-2007
Cast Off: 11-18-2007

Sock mojo is still pretty weak ... but I intend to finish the Maizy socks for Husband ASAP. I will also spend some time on my sewing ... I'd love to make something ... what? Don't know yet. But this gorgeous quilt is certainly stunning and motivating!

The girl in Goldfinger wears a beautiful aran cardigan ... makes me want to make one. :) Tuulia has a gorgeous cardigan pattern published in Finnish and I would really really love to make one. I don't know a single word of Finnish, but she has kindly translated it into English!

No comments: