Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Stole Time!

It certainly feels like I've been slacking in both knitting and blogging in October. After one week, I am getting back into the rhythm of my living here and I am happy about that. In case you wonder what needs adjusting ... not having driven and cooked for one week, sitting behind the wheel did make me feel weird for a few seconds; the meals I made last week tasted definitely different ... though Husband was caring enough not to point that out! hahaha ...

I've picked up the needles regularly in the last few days, working diligently on Muir, hoping to have an FO and to boost my knitting mojo. *DRUM ROLL* I am happy to announce that Muir is finished and I finally have some solid knitting content for the blog! Woo Hoo!

This stole can't come in a better time. It is the time of the year when temperatures in the mornings and evenings can be really chilly and I have been using the Forest Path Stole. I love my stole to be big and light but warm. That's Muir. I do feel happy to have more choices in what I can wear, don't you? Muir is big. It is the size of the FPS before blocking. I am not sure if I am going to block it though. First it's already big enough for me; second, I love the little hilly texture:In its unblocked state, the stole also looks more raw and ruffled ... which I like. Anyway, I think if I want it to be flat, I can always block it later.




Details:
Pattern: Muir designed by Romi from Knitty Fall2007
For me, it is combination of a number of factors contributing to the appeal of Muir. The photography in Knitty just brought out the beauty of the stole. And it is a big stole pattern. And I had the exact same yarn in the exact same colourway right here with me. And it's mohair!
Half way into the knitting when the pattern became really clear, I felt like seeing autumn leaves floating on running water ... isn't that beautiful?

Yarn: Tsuki (40% silk, 60% superkid mohair) by Artfibers Col: #4 Olive 2 balls + extra for the last 6 rows and bind off
I absolutely LOVE this yarn. Honestly, it even feels more smooth and softer than Rowan KSH. Though the choice of colours is much smaller than KSH, they are all gorgeous nontheless. I will certainly use this again. But one thing I would do differently is to use a cotton yarn for the provisional cast on, as the cotton would not add so much to the fuzziness of the yarn.

Needles: Denise US7

Measurements: 23" x 62" before blocking

Cast On: 09-19-2007
Cast Off: 10-22-2007

No comments: