Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Baffled!

That was how I felt when I looked at these two:Everything is basically the same ... just that I switched from the blue thread to white one. They are even of the same brand! The seven blue motifs are more or less to the right gauge ... but this white one is just mind-boggling! But I think right now, I'll just make another white one to see how it would come out.

Besides, since there is a long way to go in this motif making process, I think it would be worth the while to turn the written instructions into chart. I never learn to read crochet charts, let alone charting one myself. Maybe it is just my good luck. This one time I wanted to chart the one I need, it turned out to be not an easy one! Well, at least I know the crochet stitch symbols now ... not total loss of time.

Yesterday, I went to Kinokuniya Bookstore (which I am really grateful to have one in my area!) and picked up a copy of Quilts Japan and haven't stopped mentally bowing to those Japanese quilters! Just look at this "Spirits of the Jungle" quilt and the coffee-themed accessory set:

You can click on the images to see the larger versions. But this blue quilt is one that I don't mind having!

No comments: