Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Still working on sock

I have very little to show you. Still haven't caught up with MS3. The final clue is coming this Friday and I hope that before then, I would be able to finish my first pair of socks for August.

One sock has been finished ... and I have to tell you, I really really like this pattern, so far it is my top Cookie A. favourite:The pattern is indeed a bit more complicated than her other popular designs like Monkey or Pomatomus, but it's not unmanageable. After one repeat, you are probably able to understand the logic ... but it is Oh so beautiful. Even back in the time when I was only using short-row heel for my socks, I was always attracted to patterns that extend into the heel:
Now, do you recognize this?It's one of the wonderful things Tuulia gave me (thank you very much again, Tuulia!) ... now it has become my portable sock pouch:It is really perfect for holding the yarn and sock and even the pattern. No more shabby, worn out Ziploc (yeah, since they are plastic, I use them until they are absolutely unusable even when they are not that pleasant to the sight!) bag for sock project!

Before I say goodbye, I'd like to share with you a touching post by Kristin Nicholas about a beautiful girl, Julia, her daughter.

No comments: