Thursday, July 26, 2007

Petticoat Waving Lace Socks

It's a little bit frustrating, to be honest. The lace pattern is beautiful ... the colourway is so delightful and summery ... everything makes you so eager to put them on immediately the moment they are off the needles and go out. But it is 80F outside, not extremely warm ... yet wool socks would still be a bit too much! ::sigh::

Still, I am happy that they are done. Definitely not a perfect pair, though. Half way into the first leg, I discovered I mixed one US1.5 needle with the US1. Well, I didn't think it was worth ripping what had been done just because of a 0.5 difference in one needle. So, I just switched the needle and knitted on.




Details:
Pattern: Waving Lace Socks designed by Evelyn A. Clark (Favorite Socks)
Perhaps it was because of the pink and rosy yarns used in the book, this sock pattern appears to be very very feminine to me. The Petticoat colourway is very very feminine to me. So, these two should be together ... perfect match! :D

Yarn: Opal (75% Wool, 25% Polyamid) Col: Petticoat
According to Claudia, socks made from Opal yarns can last a lifetime and the colours stay new. I love this. The original Petticoat colourway seems not very easy to find now. I would keep the remaining ball for another perfect pattern.

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US1

Cast On: 07-08-2007
Cast Off: 07-26-2007

No comments: