Friday, May 25, 2007

Starting again and again

That was what had been happening here during this week. At a point, it was kind of frustrating ... but since I was determined to have the sock pal socks started this week, I just had to bite the bullet and continue until something came up.

Numerous books and patterns were explored and tried ... finally I decided that the yarn's colourway came out best in plain stitch. To ensure that the socks would be a good fit for my pal, I know I should go for something like a hugging rib. Ta-da! Undulating Rib from Favourite Socks:
The yarn is Tiny Toes in Renaissance from Interlacements. I LOVE this yarn ... it's soft, swishy, bouncy and very good to work with. I cast on again and again but the yarn is still staying like new. I hope my pal would like it too.

On an entirely different note, I saw Teva Durham's new book Loop-d-loop Crochet in Borders yesterday ... and boy! I almost bought it immediately! I shouldn't because I don't really crochet that much. But I feel very happy for crocheters because finally there are some really cool and fashionable patterns for them. I love love love the wrap featured on the book cover. Maybe I should put in a book-buy suggestion for my library! :D

9 comments:

twig said...

That is a great colorway!

opportunityknits said...

That's a very interesting crochet design on the cover of the new book. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Great pattern & colors!

Debi said...

I love this colorway and the pattern seem s perfect for it!

I'm kinda liking all the crochet I'm seeing these days myself! The biggest drawback for me? It uses so much more yarn and when you're fluffy, that's a BIG NUT :)

amanda j said...

Do you have little holes in your Undulating Ribs? I could not make mine look right! Yours look lovely - gorgeous colours.

Jamie said...

I agree, the colors are wonderful! I am sure you're pal will love them. I have been searching for the right yarn to try the undulating rib. BTW, I LOVE your profile photo!

zippiknits said...

That is a very pretty pattern for the yarn. Your time was well spent. Thanks for the link to the crochet book, as well. I love to crochet during the summer, that is, until socks came roaring into my life.

hege said...

Very cool crochet book. Teva Durham is awesome. Very pretty colors in your sock!

Cynthia said...

I checked out your 2007 Project Gallery. I love the Victorian Ruby. It is simply beautiful!