Sunday, May 13, 2007

Regia Canadian Socks

Sorry that I've been MIA last week. I've been struggling to finish my Regia socks ... and Bloggers seemed to have problem late last week anyway, so I figured I would just post when I am done with the socks.

I said "struggling" because I had to rip the first almost-done sock back to the end of the gusset decrease due to the too-much wiggle room in the toe section. Since I was using US0 needles already, changing to a smaller size just for the toe section didn't seem to be a good idea for me. The 72-stitch cast on is good enough to accomodate my big trunk of a leg, but I needed to go down to 68 stitches for the foot.

Details:
Pattern: 72-stitch cast on cuff-down sock pattern with the eye of partridge heel
This is my second pair of plain stocking stitch socks ... ever. I seldom knit plain socks ... but this time I found that it can be quite enjoyable ...

Yarn: Regia 4-ply Canadian Colours 4736 Ontario (75% Superwash Wool, 25% Polyamide)
I just checked on the web and found that there is a whole range of Canadian Colours in this Regia collection. I really like this Ontario colourway. Besides, the Regia yarn is a really pleasure to work with. It is nice on the hand and doesn't split like the Opal Uni ... softer too.

Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo dpns US0

Cast On: 04-26-2007
Cast Off: 05-12-2007

Now, I think I can concentrate on the Sockapalooza project. Yarns are chosen already ... once I read my pal's preference, I thought she would like this colourway:

3 comments:

Debi said...

Very pretty socks!

Can't wait to see what you knit for your Sock Pal!

Desiknitter said...

I feel your sock-frogging pain, having done a lot of it myself. But the final result is very pretty indeed!

Opal said...

Beautiful socks! I think they were well worth the effort.