Tuesday, May 22, 2007

One sleeve done



My stitch gauge with this project is alright, however, the row gauge is kind of off. The sleeve pattern should stop soon after the section with the white yarn runs out, but I had to knit an extra 35 rows to get the right length. So, I decided to wet block the sleeve. In order to do this, I need to weave in the ends. Tedious, but not too bad actually. Besides, there was the running stitch embellishment too, and that added some extra ends. Doesn't it look neater with the dividing running stitches between the various sections?

Before starting the second sleeve, I think I would do the embellishments on the body and wet block that too. Mmm ... it's getting close! :D

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Now that is one cool looking sleeve!

Alison said...

That is so pretty!

Opal said...

The sleeve looks wonderful. I think they whole sweater is going to be a knock-out.

Mimi said...

Can't wait to see your sashiko jacket as a FO!
I guess I would have fun making the bobbles square.

letti said...

oo i like the pattern

hege said...

The sleeve is looking fantastic! You did a beautiful job!