Monday, May 21, 2007

GAAA - Halfway Done!

Over the weekend, there was heavy bobble action here:

Ann McCauley Square

36 small bobbles and 25 big ones in one single square ... now that's something, huh? I don't really like knitting bobbles, but the big ones kind of like a popular cherry motif, which is cute. On the other hand, I always like intricate cable pattern such as this:

Dana Hurt Square

With these two squares finished, I am halfway done. As I have told you, this afghan is going to be a gift ... hmm ... with a deadline! So, I think I have to speed up a little bit more than one square a week.

See, this is why I hate having a deadline. I'm sure by now you pretty much know that I am quite a finisher. I do put pressure on myself in clearing up unfinished projects ... plus a deadline on top of that ... pain! Luckily, knitting this afghan has been enjoyable.

10 comments:

Francesca said...

These squares are wonderful. The 36 bobbles would drive me insane!

Joan said...

Absolutely beautiful. I have my Bemidji wool all ready but have to finish some other things first. I love following your progress.

Maryann said...

You've definitely stitched up some really nice squares... those bobbles and cables are lovely!

Opal said...

I so enjoy watching your progress with this afghan. Each square is beautiful. I can't wait to see it put together though.

opportunityknits said...

the bunch of cherries look so real :)

Siow Chin said...

The bobbles square is my favourite so far, lovely!

twig said...

Great squares. I absolutely love the Dana Hurt square.

Debi said...

These squares are lovely. The owner of the finished afghan is gonna be one warm, lucky friend! Now come finish my FPS for me :)

Knittinreed said...

Oh My! They are beautiful.

Rebekah said...

Knitting Deadlines are quite annoying, but the blanket will be absolutely beautiful.