Friday, April 27, 2007

Something I learned from last year

One should never leave an unfinished winter sweater project untouched during the warm season. The warm temperature and the long hiatus would drain all your interest and love for the sweater. That's what happened to my Must Have Cardigan project! I think I have officially aborted the project ... too bad!

I certainly don't want the same fate for my Sashiko Jacket. So, I decided it was time to start my sleeve-island cruise ... :)
Since I haven't touched the project for a considerable period of time, the 2-colour knitting needs a bit getting used to ... and mistakes would be unavoidable:
See? Missed one white stitch on the top ... damn! Now I have to frog 5 rows back!

5 comments:

Opal said...

I feel your pain. I know how hard it is to get back into the rhythm of a project left untouched for awhile.

twig said...

I dislike frogging, so I feel your pain. It's good that you're on the island, though. The sooner on, the sooner off.

hege said...

Sometimes that happens:( I am also determined to finish my sweater before it gets too warm!

Peggy said...

It's too bad about the mistakes and the frogging but at least you didn't find out 10 rows down the line... I can't wait to see it finished. I googled the project and it's amazing!

Rebekah said...

Very Good advice!