Monday, April 02, 2007

I need a distraction

... because I have nothing new to show you ... despite my very best effort to push ... and push ... and push a little more, I could only reach Tier 22 of the FPS ... AARGH!

So, Distraction #1, some time ago, I found yet one more knitting magazine on the net ... and it is called knitonthenet! :D They just have their second issue out today ... wanna go and have a look? C'mon, give the boys and girls some support here!

Distraction #2, first, have a look at this:
I fell in love with this pattern ... does it remind you of Glad? Unfortunately, I just bookmarked it, without making any notes. And of course I completely forgot what language that is! I tried all the European languages available for translation on the net, but none made any sense so far. If only I could figure it out, I would definitely make it.

Now, I really need to go back to the last 2 tiers. See ya!

10 comments:

Francesca said...

That's a really cool pattern. BTW, I think it's Finnish, but I'm only guessing.

twig said...

It looks like it's something northern european -- norwegian, dutch, finnish.

--Deb said...

Pretty sure it's Finnish. I played around a bit and found some helpful sites

http://www.translation-guide.com/language_identification.htm

http://odur.let.rug.nl/~vannoord/TextCat/Demo/textcat.html


And, from the Yarn Harlot's entry about trying to decipher Finnish knitting instructions:

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/03/10/peukalo_is_thumb.html

http://www.garnstudio.com/ordlister/eng.htm

The pattern looks gorgeous!

Good luck!

Meg said...

Can't believe you're up to Tier 22 ! You can tell you're close to finishing a project when you start checking out new ones... I love that cowl/shawl/hood garment thing!. (what is it called anyway?)

Debi said...

I think it's Finnish too! It's way cute whatever it is, heh!

I can't believe you're almost done and I'm barely started. I do have a finished afghan tho :)

Dipsy said...

This is a really beautiful pattern - and yep, it's definitely in Finnish!
Thanks also for the Knit on the net-link, I didn't know this before and will have to look through that page right away!

Mimi said...

That looks to be a versatile design! Hope you can find a translation for the pattern.

Knittypants said...

Thanks for the distractions :-) I enjoyed looking through all the patterns, they have some cute sweaters.

Liz said...

I'm with everyone else. I think it's Finnish too! It's a gorgeous piece and the color is to die for!

You are doing an amazing job on the FPS! You'll have it done in no time!

SweetPeaknits said...

Thats a really cool find. And as for Glad, I loved it when I first saw it in the Rowan mag, your pics have made me want it all over again.