Monday, April 09, 2007

GAAA - Marian Tabler Square

This will just be a quick post. Originally, I planned to finish the Monkey socks over the weekend. However, on Saturday when I took up the sock, I could only find 4 needles. Where was the fifth one? It was nowhere to be found. Thinking I only had one set of such needles (US1.5), I had to work on something else. And of course, last night I found out, with much dismay at myself, that I actually had 2 sets!

Anyway, I made another square for the Great American Aran Afghan:
This is the Marian Tabler Square. Do the center 2 panels resemble those DNA graphics? I found myself more capable of getting the right gauge than at the beginning. I am even able to do so with the size of needle specified in the pattern! Less re-starting means more motivation to work. ;) But I think my row gauge is off ... instead of 81 rows, I only needed 71 rows to get the 12".

To get things keep going, I already casted on for the next square ... this is the best strategy to avoid second sock syndrome or stalling projects.

BTW, anyone knows what's happening to MagKnits? I have been looking forward to seeing the new issue since April Fool's Day ... yet nothing is happening so far!

5 comments:

Debi said...

That square is really intricate and pretty!

Finish the Monkey socks, I'm dying to know what you think of the Panda!

opportunityknits said...

I lost one dpn and I'm knitting my sock with the remaining 4 :) You've finished another great cable square just like that!

opportunityknits said...

Oh, I just realised that my bloglines didn't pick up your 2 previous posts - I love Juliet too!

Laura.Y said...

I like the Marian Table Square, pretty classic :) haha casting on fast is a good strategy. :)

janine said...

Another pretty square- thye are all so nice. As for Magknits, I'm not quite sure why it is late, I do know that Kerrie has a lot on her plate at the moment having just had a little baby girl.