Thursday, March 22, 2007

Random Thursday

I was forced to be random today ... because my camera is sick! Aaarggh! This really sucks! It keeps telling me that there is no space in the memory stick, but actually there is no file on the memory stick. Except this, the camera is working fine! LOL! Anyone knows how to fix this? I am hoping there is something like resetting the whole thing ... you know, like punching the tiny hole at the back of a PDA or a reboot button on the computer tower.

Yesterday, I visited the Knit the Classics blog and was shocked to find that they have moved to the third book of the year! And I am still reading Woman in White! Suddenly feel that I am reading as fast as a turtle.

Last week, I received this book in the mail that blew me away! I love all the bedspread projects ... they are so elegant and gorgeous! Talking about bedspread, a while ago I saw this project on Elann's free patterns page ... it almost ruined my YFC plan!

I am still working on the Traveller's Socks ... but my mind is thinking of what pattern to go with the Panda Cotton ... maybe Monkey from Knitty.

12 comments:

Debi said...

I hope you find a quick, easy (cheap? free?) fix for your camera!

opportunityknits said...

Hope the camera can be fixed easily. Ooh the photos on that heirloom knits book website look so pretty!

Dipsy said...

Oy, camera problems! Well, but who's here to help? ;) This is a common problem with digital cameras that they occasionally have this kind of formatting mistakes. There should be a button - as you suggested - on your camera's menu with which you can reset/reformat the whole memory stick - press that button and things will be fine! If they aren't fine, then the menu will tell you that the memory stick is broken and you'll have to get a new one - but I doubt that's the problem, with resetting things should work perfect again! Good luck!

Mimi said...

The heirloom knits book is so tempting. Lots of beautiful things for home! Is there any chart in the patterns?
I hope you find an easy fix for your camera.

Siow Chin said...

I have a thing for blanketie things and bedspreads, etc. Why don't just indulge yourself and crochet just one motif or make a few for a smaller afghan by using something from stash?

janine said...

Is the problem the camera or the memory stick?
Have you tried putting the memory stick into a card reader and re formatting it? - sometimes the memory stick or card becomes corrupt - just like th old floppy discs - Hope this helps

claudia said...

Oh no! Camera problems sucks. If I were you, I'd go to www.dpreview.com, and go the appropriate forum for your camera manufacturer and do a search for this problem. If you can't find it, post a message and you might very well get an answer.

Diana said...

see if there is an option to "format" the memory card from within the camera's menu. maybe the card just needs to a fresh start :-)

Joanna said...

Ohhh, I've drooled over that Elann bedspread pattern before. If only (a) I could afford 70 hanks of anything at one time, (b) I had no job and could devote all my time to the bedspread, and (c) I knew how to crochet at all, then it would be MINE, all MINE. But I don't really see that happening. Any of it. Oh well.

The book pictures look pretty, though! I'll have to check it out.

Opal said...

What a gorgeous bedspread at Elann. I admire your willpower! I hope you can find an easy fix for your camera. I'd love to see how your Traveller's socks are looking.

Alison said...

Hope your camera gets fixed. Mine stopped recognizing the fact that it had batteries in it. Fresh batteries even. Didn't matter. Ugh. Good luck with yours.

hege said...

Ok, I just left you a long comment, and then I think I forgot to publish! Just wanted to say thanks for the great link! I have developed an obsession with white-work lately, bedspreads, edgings, et cetera, and am really excited to find more examples of that.
Your FPS is looking amazing, by the way!!!