Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I started a Monkey

I still think it is a pretty weird name for socks ... Monkey! But whatever the name, the pattern is a lot of fun to knit ... and very easy to remember. I am using the gifted Panda Cotton:
Do you think the colourway is too busy for the pattern? Maybe ... but I like it. Panda Cotton is an interesting yarn. I am not sure if it is because of the bamboo, the yarn feels squishy; and the knitted fabric feels like chenille. Since I intend this pair of socks for warm weather, I made the leg short ... fast knit, yay!

In the meantime, I am back to the knitting of the Forest Path Stole. Many others in the KAL are thinking of knitting fewer tiers than in the pattern. I am not sure about this ... will decide when I finish Tier 20. Now I am starting Tier 17.

I just discovered a new toy for the blog ... very cool:

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Bamboo yarns are so soft and cooling. It should be great to have it as a sock yarn.

So many nice socks in display, it was fun to go over them!

twig said...

That's a lot of socks!

Love the colorway of the Monkey socks. Cheerful.

Opal said...

I love your Monkeys and I think your new toy is very cool.

Francesca said...

Well, aren't we getting fancy with the animated scroller. :) And that's a lot of good looking socks!

Dipsy said...

Oh, this is going to be a yummy "Monkey"! I don't think the colourway is too busy for the pattern - it's easy to spot the pattern through the colours, and I just love it! ;)
Thanks for sharing the link to BubbleShare - what a fun tool this seems to be! I'll be heading there right now and play around a bit!

Batty said...

I love Monkey! Another must knit, as far as I'm concerned. It's looking really happy in the colors you picked. I've never tried Panda Cotton, but it sure knits up beautifully.

Peggy said...

Wow, socks galore! You are really churning them out! Now I know my sock yarn is in good hands :)

Cecilia said...

Your monkeys are great! And the yarn is very cool too. I love that Bubbleshare thing - great way to show off your fabulous socks.