Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Where is my sock mojo?

One month into 2007, but I haven't finished a single sock yet! I have one sock on the needles ... very close to finish:
The pattern is "Beaded Rib" from Sensational Knitted Socks. I started from the toe ... give it a couple more inches and the sock would be done. But something seems to be holding me back ... I have the feeling that the leg would be too tight ... and then I questioned myself why I didn't knit the foot in plain stocking stitch ... And then I once made a self mental note that I shouldn't start a new sock project before finishing this pair. So now, I am kind of self-inflictedly stuck! hahaha ...

But on a happier note, 2007 seems to be a year for the sweater/jacket/cardigan for me:
110 rows for the Sashiko Jacket left front. I am feeling more and more excited approaching the end of this project. Of course it's still a bit early now, but the knitting has been such a pleasure that I went past the half way mark without being aware of it, so I felt that the end won't be too far away.

Here is a close up shot of the pattern. It seems that the simpler pattern pops out better on close up than the more complicated one:

To close today's post, I recommend you all to read Kerstin's post today if you want to know how to have a healthy and sexy blog life!

6 comments:

marirob said...

Your sashiko jacket front is AMAZING... that's all I can say. I'm so impressed!

Thanks for linking to Kerstin's post - sometimes I get into the mire of worrying what I post instead of just posting!!!!

twig said...

There seems to be a lot of missing mojo lately.

Sashiko is gorgous. I can't wait to see more of it.

Alison said...

The jacket is really wonderful!

Don't worry, you will recover your sock mojo. You might just have to force yourself through this sock. Or call it a loss and put it down for a while. Come back to it after finishing another pair. That's what I plan to do sometime with my entrelac pair.

Rebekah said...

Don't feel bad, I left my sock knitting mojo somewhere back in 2005. Haven't found it yet.

I love the jacket design, I bet it'll look great on you too.

Peggy said...

Your sweater is looking really really good. I can't wait to see it finished!

Opal said...

I love your jacket! It's just beautiful.