Monday, February 05, 2007

Walking down the Forest Path

Isn't it romantic? But it is going to be a really looooong walk, mind you. The seed stitch is not the most pleasant stitch to work, but I sucked it up anyhow. 20 rows 141 stitches each ... lace weight yarn ... I was just eager to get past the seed stitch border and triangles so that I could work on the rectangles with the lace patterns. And there is where the fun lies ... and beauty too:
I do hope I am doing it right ... and it seems so. I tried my best to stretch out the piece for you to see the lace ... from left to right are "Fern", "Birch" and "Lily of the Valley". The last one includes the knitting of nupps ... that is knitting into the same stitch 5 times on the right side and then purl the 5 stitches together on the wrong side. This can be a really tough one but with the right needles, it would just be a breeze. For me, the right needles are the KnitPicks Classic circulars. Thinking that the KnitPicks dpns would be as pointy as the circulars, I ordered a set. However, it was not the case. So, I ended up using the circulars for the major knitting and one dpn as the stitch holders for the idle live stitches:
Though it is not really that hard to keep track of where I was, I still marked my position on the pattern ... just in case, you know. :)

14 comments:

Joanna said...

I love black lace... it looks beautiful so far!!

Kris said...

Wow! Yours is looking stunning. I'm not that far along yet.

Rebekah said...

Man I thought I had gotten far along by finishing up Tier 1 and there you go blowing us out of the water with Tier 2 complete!

I'm going to have to work on getting a picture. It's going to be hard to do though I think with this project until it's completed and blocked.

Meg said...

I know what you mean about that seed stitch border - what a slog! Your stole looks lovely!

Jessie said...

It looks like it will be TOTALLY worth the work though

twig said...

My goodness. You've been busy! It's gorgeous.

hege said...

That is going to be amazing!

opportunityknits said...

Blcak lace is so chic. This lovely design looks like it really requires major concentration. Way to go, Agnes!

Siow Chin said...

This is going to turn out gorgeous. One day, I'll knit it....

Laura.Y said...

ooo I heart this one! Something about black lace that just calls out. It looks complicated too. I agree, seed stitch is a pain to knit sometimes but the effect is so nice.:)

janine said...

Beautiful! I have to say I'm not looking forward to the 20 rows of seed st either.

jessie said...

Very lovely. I am in awe of knitting lace beyond a simple YO.

I have been wandering around your blog and saw your Regine. I have loved that pattern for months; I love the neckline. Yours is very pretty and flattering. Do you find you wear it much?

Marie said...

That is so beautiful! I love the lily of the valley..very dainty.

Monica said...

All I can say is Wow! Wow! WOW! So pretty.