Friday, February 09, 2007

Blogging is therapeutic

It's true. After the last post, I picked up the gray sock on the needles and thought I should be able to do something. So, that night, I forced the victim the recipient to try it on ... and he was forced pleased to tell me that the sock fitted alright!

So, I picked up what was left to be done and finished the sock. Yes! Finished!

When I started this sock, my major concern was to find a way to make a really stretchy cuff. I was never totally happy with the elastic experiment. First, the colours didn't match. Second, there is always the possibility that the elastic gets lax.

And this was when I felt maybe the holding up of the sock was a blessing. I love how the neckband of Husband's sweater was done because it gives a nice stretchy finish. Then, why not use it on the sock cuff? Only that I had to whip stitch the live stitches really really close ... maybe just 2 rows down:
What you see here is the sock turned inside out because that made the sewing a lot easier. When it was done, it looks like this:
So far, I am happy with it. What is left to be done is for the recipient to try it on again.

7 comments:

Opal said...

Yay for stretchy sock cuffs! Yay for a finished sock!

Alison said...

Yeah! Hope the cuff is stretchy enough and he likes it.

Debi said...

Have you tried a sewn cast off a la Elizabeth Z.? Or a tubular cast off. Both are nice and stretchy and the tubular is especially lovely. You can see it at Savannah Chick or google it.

hege said...

That looks very cool! Hope he likes it!

Bonnie said...

Victim, schmictim! His toes are toasty warm and that ain't bad!

Peggy said...

It's such an awesome feeling when the project fits the recipient. The ultimate motivation to finish it! I'm sure he appreciates it!

Dipsy said...

Now, that's the perfect solution it seems, and it looks super cool! He's going to love the socks!