Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The wait is almost over

The official start of the FPS Along is tomorrow ... finally, I can start! Maybe I can start past midnight tonight? But the black Zephyr would make it difficult ... better start in the daylight so that I won't mess up ... what do you think? I did the swatch some time ago to test how the yarn go with the needles (KnitPicks Classic Circular US3):

I also managed to finish another square for GAAA. This is the Julie Levy Square and is my 4th:
This one is super easy but the classic celtic knots are just forever lovely. But it ate up almost one whole skein of Wool Ease (which is my last one)! Lucky that I am starting the stole tomorrow ... I am determined not to buy even a tiny thread before Stitches West! I have a good feeling that I would be able to finish this afghan this year. :)

11 comments:

claudia said...

Agnes, I've really been enjoying your picture gallery. I like the last bicycle picture the best.

Debi said...

I confess I was thinking of starting at 12:01 myself....but I think I'm getting the flu - fever, congested and I feel like dinosaur doo doo so who knows if I'll even start tomorrow at all :(

Your squares are just stunning A, your afghan is gonna be a real winner!

Dipsy said...

What a beautiful square - I adore the celtic knots and the great cabling!

Joanna said...

Ooooh I love that square! It's beautiful! And good luck with the FPS!

Rebekah said...

I'm rearing to go. Got my yarn, check, pattern, check, needles, check, dpns, check. Time. No I don't have that! I may not get much done on this until Saturday.

Your square is cute!

Peggy said...

Beautiful square! How big is it? What size needles did you use? I have an afghan project from ages ago and your block just might motivate me to back to it :)

get stitchy! said...

Congratulations! You're on get stitchy!

Thanks so much for submitting your blog.

Francesca said...

I love your Aran squares. How many will you be making in total?

hege said...

I love the GAAA squares you have been doing! The black Zephyr looks wonderful, but yes, I think you need good lighting when working with black ;)
The Forest Path Stole is exceptionally gorgeous and looks very complicated to me! I can't wait to see it!

Kathy said...

Your afghan is going to be wonderful if all the squares are even half as lovely

Heather said...

I cannot WAIT for my yarn to get here! Whee!!!