Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ogee Tunic

Yesterday, I went to a LYS and found that they are having a moving sale. All books in the store are 10% off ... sweet! This store is like a treasure trough to me because I always find something I can't in other stores. So, I browsed through the book shelves and found a pristine copy of Knitting in the Nordic Tradition ... price listed as $14.95! OMG ... without second thought, I bought it ... you would do the same, wouldn't you? I've been feeling really good in 2007! :D

The Ogee Tunic is my first 2007 FO. But before showing you the clear pictures, how about some whacky dance pics? I haven't done that for quite some time ... My favourite is the Tweety dance ... hahaha ...

I always love out-of-focus photos!



Details:
Pattern: Ogee Tunic designed by Norah Gaughan from Knitting Nature
I love this pattern, even more than the Shell Tank from the same book. I made absolutely no modification at all since my gauges, both stitch and row, are spot on. As you can see, the size (Small - 36") fits me perfectly ... even the sleeve length is perfect! I particularly like the shoulder/armhole part of the tunic ... it makes me look like having a beautiful straight shoulder line, which in reality is a bit slanting!
The model in the book wears the tunic as is ... but you see, this is really out of the question for me. First, the alpaca feels a bit itchy on my skin; second, the front slit is just too deep. ;)

Yarn: Alana (50% Alpaca / 25% Wool / 25% Acrylic) in Maroon
I used 7 balls to make the 36" size. I got this yarn in this colour on eBay which was not available at the online store then. Now, a lot more colours are available. This yarn feels really soft in the ball and the colour is really lovely. However, I am afraid I'm not so lucky with the alpaca this time ... because the sweater feels a bit itchy on my skin. I guess I really have to stay away from this lovely fiber! :(

Gauge and Needles: 23 sts and 32 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch using Aero Circular 3.25mm

Start date: 12-25-2006
Finish date: 01-09-2007

Now I am off to work on my Sashiko jacket again.

26 comments:

joy said...

I wasn't sure about the deep neckline, but it looks great with another top underneath. :-) Beautiful color too. What a great way to start the year!

Kaitie Tee said...

What a find!!

Your sweater fits you perfectly - not too loose, not too tight.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I must start one right away. I am really impressed.

Toni said...

Wow, it's wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is another pattern I've been ogling, and yours came out beautiful! I love the color and the fit. It's so nice to see it worn with something under it, the picture in the book was a bit... risque for everyday wear.

If Alpaca is itchy, I don't know how you can even get near wool! Wow, you must have really sensitive skin.

grumperina said...

Lovely tunic! I'm so happy to hear that it fit you as written - I like Norah's dimensions... she's good :).

Anonymous said...

great sweater! a great color and fit.

Debi said...

Lovely sweater Agnes! It fits you perfectly and looks great!!

I'm really allergic to alpaca too so I can relate.

Does it really get cold enough in SoCal to wear alpaca?

I sent you a present in email...well Pumpin did! :)

twig said...

How pretty! I can't believe you're too chicken to wear it without a shirt underneath! (Ok, well I wouldn't either) I love the look of it over a turtleneck.

Mimi said...

How nice that you have a pretty sweater to start the year! It's a perfect fit for you.
Oh I love yarn/book sales but too bad that I seldom find any here. Enjoy your new book, it looks to be very interesting!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! hehe I always love your tweety dance shots :)

opportunityknits said...

It looks lovely worn with a black top. It's a pity that it causes you to itch.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty - I really need to get this book!

mel said...

Love it - it's beautiful :) great job!!

Bron said...

Just wonderful! It looks lovely on you. :) I'm moving that project up my queue!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! I love the color, I can't pull off red myself but love the color. Great job!

Jes said...

The sweater is great! Too bad about the alpaca. I can knit it, but it itches me too. The only thing i can wear is non-animal fur - except on my feet, thankfully!

Anonymous said...

it looks so lovely in that color. your sweater looks great!

Joanna said...

I love the details on it, and it fits perfectly - congrats on your new sweater! :)

Siow Chin said...

Love the layered look! Beautiful sweater!

Peggy said...

Nice! It fits so well!

claudia said...

That's very cute the very you've styled it. I agree. I would never wear it without something under.

claudia said...

And I've really been enjoying your Project 365 pictures!

Melissa said...

That is fabulous!!! And it looks so good on you. Nearly inspires me to want to knit a sweater. Nearly :)

Anonymous said...

Your Ogee tunic is gorgeous! I love the color and the fit, great work!

Desiknitter said...

Your Ogee tunic is gorgeous! I also want to start one, but am not sure about what size to make, since am between the medium and the large. Could you tell me how much "ease" the sweater has at the bust and the hips, if worn over a t-shirt like you have? It seems to fit you really well, and knowing the number of inches of ease might help me decide which size to make for myself. Thanks!
http://desiknitter.typepad.com