Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Random Wednesday

I finished reading the sixth Harry Potter last week. I am curious to know ... when did you start crying over Dumbledore's final fate? I didn't cry until the funeral ... when Harry wondered where Dumbledore learned Mermish.

And what's the deal with all the teachers of Hogwarts being single?

Husband has the theory that the potion containing the fake locket is indeed the horcrux. This is why Dumbledore had to have Snape promise to kill him, thus part of Voldemort's soul. Interesting theory ... and probable too.

I post my recipe of Beef on Toast some time ago. I have several friends who, for whatever reason, don't eat beef. If you are among them, here is a variation:
Chicken on Toast - cut chicken breast into thin stripes and season them with salt and pepper and/or dried herbs (I use Italian Seasoning). Pan-sear the stripes on high heat (always use the non-stick Pam oil). For the sauce, mix 2 parts of mayonasise with 1 part of creme fraiche/sour cream and chopped parsley. This chicken version is even simpler in preparation.

I got my last sock club kit. The pattern is designed by Sivia Harding and is quite lovely ... but the problem is I need beads. I do have some Jaeger beads, just not the same colour tone as the yarn:
But I am thinking the combination of these two is actually quite good ... red beads with red yarns may just not show too well, right? What do you think?

This would be my graduation pair from the sock club. When I finish this pair, I would earn a GPA of 3.5 and the title of Righteous Sock Knitter ... hahaha ... :D I am still undecided whether to join the club again ... I'd like to work with other sock yarns.

6 comments:

twig said...

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. Which sock club was it?

aks said...

I started to cry before he met his fate, in the scene in which Harry has to force him to drink the potion as he feebly and ever more childishly protests. And thus, I was a blubbering mess for the last bit of the book.

Dipsy D. said...

My gosh, you made me all hungry now - thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll definitely try it out!
What an amazing yarn, yummy! I think the combo with the beads is absolutely perfect!
Happy holidays, and all the very best to you and your family!

Cece said...

I ran to the store the minute I got that pattern to get the beads.. I just love it.

Cathy said...

I think the horcrux was already taken and destroyed--by Sirius Black's brother, Regius (or however you spell it) thus leaving the note signed RAB, and leading to Voldemort's killing him. I just finished re-reading it, and I don't remember crying the first time, but I did sit in stupefied shock.

Jennifer said...

I think the beads are perfect with that yarn. I didn't sign up again for the rockin' sock club as I would rather pick my colorways. Plus it seems kind of expensive.

Did you see that the title of the next Harry Potter book has been released?