Monday, December 18, 2006

Knitting with baseball bats

The US15 needles in my Denise Set have only been used once ... the project was not finished because I didn't like the yarn and the needles were just too big for me to handle. However, this time, I have to persevere because of this:
Isn't this lovely? The sleeve cuffs and the jacket hem are a bit flared using short-row shaping, making the jacket very feminine. So, even though I felt like knitting with baseball bats the whole time, I just have to go on because I really love to be able to wear this.

Talking about being able to wear, the jacket is not going to be a roomy fit. Actually, I need some pulling to bring the two fronts together when trying it on. But ... with some blocking and the zipper set in, it should fit. My wishful thinking, yeah. ;) I just wish I had a blocking board. You know, this is a bulky jacket and it wouldn't be a good idea to block it on the carpet, even with a towel ... moisture and mold and everything.

The sleeve wasn't sewn in yet. This is just the old trick to see if the sleeve cap fits okay. I just ordered the zipper. So, with a little push, I may be able to make this my last 2006 FO. :D

5 comments:

twig said...

Great colors. I bet it will look great on you.

Dipsy D. said...

Woah, this is amazing! The colours rock big time, and the sleeve cuffs look exactly like the ones I *so* love - flared ones, yummy!

Siow Chin said...

Wow, this looks really stylish!

Casey said...

I've loved that pattern since I 1st saw it in the book! The orange is a great color and I hope it fits! When I block heavy things on the carpeting, I put a plastic bag between the floor and the knitting. That way the floor doesn't get wet and that causes it to dry faster too.

joy said...

This is coming along beautifully! Hmmm..maybe I should write that blocking board down on my letter to Santa. ;-)