Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Knitrospect

So it is that time of a year again ... time to look back and then look forward. I didn't do a good job in keeping up with my knitting gallery this year. Just managed to put it together about a week ago:
One bad habit ... can't help counting ... even though we all know very well that quality means lots more than quantity. So, here's the count:

3 cardigans/jackets
2 pullovers/sweaters
3 summer tanks
4 shawls/stole
16 pairs socks
1 pair gloves
1 scarf
3 dishcloths

Reading my own review on 2005, I did do what I wanted to do ... knitting more socks, though I never got to start Tubey. I gave a little twist on Peppermint Twist and turned it into the Leftovers Tank. See, this is one good thing about not having a long list of resolutions ... you can really get to realize those few that you have ... at least some of them! ;)

One thing I am most proud of myself is finishing the Sampler Stole, which gave me a taste of more complicated lace patterns. Though I suffered some setback in attempting the Unst Lace Stole, I do believe I'll be able to do that later.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I now have a much better idea in choosing a size that fits myself ... not just in knitting, but also in shopping for clothes. I have always thought myself to be a size L. After coming to the States, I found myself to be a size M most of the time ... and sometimes even a size S. Now I know that with summer tank, a finished measurement of 34" would fit me ... negative ease! And that a 36" sweater would give me a good roomy fit. It's just funny what it took me to really know about these details of myself.

Of course, there are some unfinished business. I didn't work really hard on my afghan projects ... nor the sweater for Husband. Also waiting to be finished are these two:
The left back of the Sashiko Jacket is done and I am working on the right back. While waiting for the zipper to arrive, I started the Ogee Tunic. It was fast ... and I love that fractal pattern on the front. So, for New Year Resolutions, I'll say I'd like to find a way to motivate myself on unfinished business.

To wrap up this 2006 review, I present you my 2006 Sock Wheel:

Wish you all a Wonderful and Healthy 2007 to come. Champagne ready?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive gallery of projects! I think mine would be about a quarter of the length of that... ;) The Ogee tunic is really cool! And I didn't know you had actually started the Sashiko jacket. It looks gorgeous! After you told me about it I started thinking about making it, too, and turns out I had the IK it was in. Well done in 2006!

Anonymous said...

I love your sock wheel! I can't do anything like that yet ... I've only knit myself 2 pairs of socks. So, I guess that would give me a sock dash ::grins::

Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

I love the sock wheel! You got a lot knit in 2006!

Have a happy and safe New Year.

Debi said...

Quite a productive year!
You socks are stunning and your 2 WIPs are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see em finished!

Laura.Y said...

Happy New Year! :) Hope it'll be another great knitting year for you.

Rebekah said...

Now that is quite the list! YOu knitting is very, very i nspiring.

quiltyknitwit said...

Fun and pretty socks - lucky and talented you.

Anonymous said...

What a great body of work.

I can't seem to find your archives. Which Sampler Stole did you make? I'd love to see it.

Darilyn