Monday, November 06, 2006

Titania's Revenge ... or the rediscovery of the heel flaps

Okay, before I talk about the new FO, I just want to tell you that I finally got a tripod for my camera. But since it is quite impossible to take picture of my camera on the tripod, I think I'll just link you to the tripod's page. Isn't it a cute one? With it, I can have more fun taking pictures:
No more need to flip the pictures ... WOO HOO!


Details:
Pattern: Titania's Revenge designed by Cookie A. for Rocking Sock Club
Another fun sock pattern by Cookie. I believe she is on her way of becoming another sock queen! Titania's Revenge has a special pattern structure on the foot ... the lace pattern is gradually receding, giving way to the faux cable pattern. My first concern was whether I could change the heel flap into short row heel ... and no, I couldn't. So, I had to knit the heel flap again. I used to dread the picking up of stitches along the flap sides. But I have to admit that I am feeling a lot better in doing that now ... and socks with heel flaps are comfortable in their own ways. :)

Yarn: Sock That Rock (light weight) by Blue Moon Fibre Art Colour: Titania
Have I told you I love this colourway? ;)

Needles and Gauge: Casting on 72 stithes using CP bamboo dpns US1.5

1st Start date: 10-05-2006
2nd Start date: 10-29-2006
Finish date: 11-03-2006

I have been knitting quite some socks for myself, so I think it is time for a little something for Husband. New sock projects come:
One for him ... and another for me again! hahaha ...

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

They are lovely! Great socks.

twig said...

I love the colorway, too! Great job.

opportunityknits said...

yes, the colours are great in these socks. Your new tripod looks cute :)

Laura.Y said...

Your tripod looks very handy indeed. That's a pair of very happy feet :D

Karen said...

Hi Agnes! I love those socks...wear them well girl!

Ms. Knitter said...

Those new socks on the needles remind me of Neopolitan ice cream! Good enough to eat!

Rebekah said...

Great socks, and great pictures showingn off the socks!

nona said...

Love the socks and the fun photos. I'm currently enjoying Cookie's now famous Pomatomus sock pattern.

Mimi said...

The tripod is so cool! The lace socks turned out lovely. Your new colourway is also so pretty.

Siow Chin said...

Yes, very happy feet indeed!

Liz said...

What a cute tripod! And the socks look lovely on you! :) I think that the initial rainforest jasper and the titiana's revenge are my favorites from the sock club.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Very cool socks. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am waiting to see the STR "Rhode Island Red" colorway I won so I can knit me something too!
=:8

Debi said...

I love all your socks, finished and in the budding stages :)
Beautiful colorways, all.

Kristen said...

Absolutely beautiful socks! Hope they are as comfy as they look.